We collect information about you when you visit our Website which is owned and controlled by us (https://bornelectric.mahindra.com/), use our services, or view our online advertisements. The information which we collect and store during the normal use of our Website by you, is used to monitor the use of the Website, to help further development of our products and services and to provide you with updates that you subscribe for.
In general, you can visit the Website on the Internet without telling us who you are or providing personal information. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being stored. We shall collect information about you including but not limited to when you visit the Website, use our services, view our online advertisements, submit a query, subscribe for a service.
The information which we collect and store are details collected during normal use of the Website by you, and may be used to monitor your use of the Website thereof and to help further development of our products and services in India or to market or promote additional products and/or services to you, unless you specifically ask us in writing not to do so.
By submitting your personal information through this Website, you shall be consenting to it being processed in the manner described above by Mahindra Group affiliates around the world and our hosting organizations around the world. If you have submitted personal information through this Website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please contact us. At any time, if you are concerned that the information, we hold about you is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact us to correct such information.
We are strongly committed to the protection of your privacy online and accordingly, we take security measures in relation to the information and personal data that is contained and stored at our facilities and restrict access to the Website, buildings, computer rooms, office desk, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorised access by people could compromise our security.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information provided to us by you against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also take further measures to comply with the relevant statement regarding what we can do with personal information we obtain from you.
We endeavour to detect and investigate every breach of security by having relevant controls in place which should alert us to a breach of security. We may also use encryption technology from time to time to assist in protecting any information or data which you submit. Having said that, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any personal information or data you disclose online, having regard to the nature of the Internet. In any event, you accept the inherent security implications of disclosing information over the internet and agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or wilfully in default of our obligations under the relevant legislation.
We want you to be confident that we are looking after your interests and that is why we have set out our information practices in this Privacy Statement. We are strongly committed to the protection of your privacy online and accordingly, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information provided to us by you against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also take further measures to comply with the relevant statement regarding what we can do with personal information we obtain from you.
The Company endeavours to detect and investigate every breach of security by having relevant controls in place which should alert us to a breach of security. We may also use encryption technology from time to time to assist in protecting any information or data which you submit. At any time, if you are concerned that the information, we hold about you is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact us to correct such information.
DATA PRIVACY DISCLAIMER
You declare that you are an Indian citizen residing in India and shall not access the Website nor access the products and services offered on the Website if you are not an Indian citizen.
M&M RESPECTS YOUR PRIVATE SPHERE
When processing personal data, we attach great importance to protecting your private sphere and ensuring that your data are secure. This data protection policy tells you about the data we process, why we need them, and how you can lodge an objection to the processing of your data.
We collect, process and store personal data (including IP addresses) only as permitted by law, for example when registering for an event or a service or when registering for an account on the Website.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, login address / password, , geo-location information when permitted by you on your device, details of transactions carried out by you on or through the Website, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline as well as other demographic data ("Personal Data");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including but not limited to the type of interaction on our Website or other statistical information relating to the Website use, and any other information provided by you on our Website ("Usage Information"); and/or
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us on the Website, including when you provide the information on the Website or create an account on the Website or otherwise during online interaction or offline with M&M’s authorized dealerships.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, internet protocol addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or service providers, who have received the information from you with consent to further disclose to third parties.
Do we pass your data on to third parties?
External service providers that process data on our behalf are contractually obliged to comply fully with the law on Data Protection. We make sure that such external service providers are capable of safeguarding data. Our prior consent is required before they are permitted to transfer responsibility for processing personal data to a third party.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We retain your data as long as necessary for our business relationship with you, or as long as we have a legitimate interest in continuing to store the information. We delete your personal data in all other cases, except when continued storage is required under the law (for example, we are legally obligated to retain documents such as contracts and invoices for a period of 10 years).
What data are processed when you use our Website?
In general, you may visit our Website without providing personal information. When you visit the site, our servers make a temporary record of each access in a log file. The following technical data are collected and stored until they are automatically deleted after no more than seven months:
- The IP address of the computer used to access the site
- GPS location of the User, if allowed by the User
- The date and time of access
- The website from which access was obtained, as well as the search term used, as applicable
- The name and URL of the accessed file
- The search queries used
- Your computer’s operating system (shown by the user agent)
- The browser you are using (shown by the user agent)
- The type of device, if access is obtained through a mobile telephone
- The transmission protocol used
By collecting and processing these data, we promote system security and stability, allow for error and performance analysis, and serve internal statistical needs. This also enables us to optimize our online services. In addition, IP addresses are used to preset the Website.
We may use any available technology for such automatic data collection, including but not limited to:
- Cookies (or browser cookies) – explained in further detail below.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies and we advise you to keep yourself updated on how to manage your privacy and security settings for flash cookies on your device.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit M&M, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
What are cookies, and when are they used?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit our Website. When you return to the Website, your browser transmits the information contained in the cookies back to us, and this allows the system to recognize your terminal device. With the help of cookies, we are able to optimize our Website and facilitate its use.
In addition to the data listed above (see "What data are processed when you use our websites?"), we gather the following information:
- The user's navigation path on the Website
- The length of time the user spends on the Website or subpage
- The subpage from which the user leaves the Website
- The country, region or city from which the Website is accessed
- The terminal device (type, version, color depth, resolution, width and height of the browser window).
Repeat or new visitor
This information is used to analyze Website use. If you want to deactivate Google Analytics, you will find the necessary browser add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. As explained in the previous section, you can avoid the creation of a user profile by deactivating the use of all cookies.
Social media and third-party links
Personal information is not transmitted to the social media provider or the third party service provider until you click on a link or plugin. By accessing the linked site, you are allowing the provider to process your data. We have no control or influence over such data processing, nor do we have information about the extent of data collection, the purposes for which the data are processed, or the retention period. We have no information about the deletion of data by the plugin provider.
You can subscribe to newsletters through our online services. We use the so-called "double opt-in" method; this means that if you want to receive our email newsletter, you must confirm your request by clicking on a link in a message. If you subsequently decide that you no longer want to receive our newsletter, you can cancel your subscription at any time, effective going forward, by revoking your consent. This can be done by clicking on a link in the email newsletter. Alternatively, you can contact us using the information in the Contact section.
What rights do you have concerning your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- You are entitled to request information about your stored data.
- You may request that your personal data be corrected, supplemented, blocked or deleted.
- If you have consented to the processing of your data, you may revoke that consent at any time, effective going forward.
- You may do so via letter or email. See Contact section.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect stored personal data against manipulation, partial or total loss, and unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continually upgraded as technology advances.
Amending this data protection policy
If you have questions about your rights concerning your personal data or related issues, please write to us at [email protected]
In accordance with the applicable laws and rules, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below in order to contact him when you have some problem or grievance with respect to the Website:
Head - Customer Experience
Email: [email protected] Please mark a copy of this email to [email protected]
Technology Team, Address:
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Mahindra Towers, 3rd Floor
Akurli Road, Kandivali (E)
Mumbai 400 101
Email Id: [email protected]